Episode 2: 00 GTP: Water on the passenger side

I had a lot of water on the passenger side. I was assuming it is clogged drain hose. But I couldn't get to it. I brought my car to the dealer (of course $99.- diagnostics fee an hour): They said that they cleared the evap drain. Made it larger. Opened the HVAC box to remove debris.

Surprise today. Again I have a sea on the passenger side floor. It is clear that the water is from the AC only.

What else could be wrong? Could there be something inside which prevents the water to get to the drain hose area in the first place?

In a curve or if I brake the fan comes almost to a standstill and makes noises. I assume from the water.

Reply to
frank

Hrmmm... had similar trouble with a '93 Holden Commodore Berlina w/ climate air.

Water coming from the floor vents when cornering, strange...

And the fix was? Use the climate's automatic vent selection options - don't use manual control. After Dad learnt to use the AUTO button it hasn't happened since.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson

Nick,

It seems that there should be no water inside the car no matter what setting one chooses. Besides, I'm always on automatic...

Reply to
frank

I had this problem when I had my windshield replaced. When they put the windshield back in they did not reinstall the water diverter correctly which caused the water to fall into the blower area.

Hope this helps

wrote

Reply to
res1axch