GM Protection Plan -- is it worth it?

I have about 6500 miles on my 2004 Grand Prix GTP and got in the mail from GM an offer to buy the protection plan. I have owned other Grand Prix in the past and their electrical/computer stuff tends to go funky after some time. I plan to keep the car for at least 5 years and about 100K miles. I'm looking for opinions on (1) is it worth buying? If yes then: (2) what level should I get and (3) when should I buy, now or wait until the 3rd year of warranty?

thanks,

Brett

Reply to
DBL

"DBL" wrote

We get all sorts of warranty plans coming through our dealership....and without a doubt...GMPP is the best. NO hassles getting stuff covered. The coverage is basically identical to the original factory warranty. If you decide to go with this coverage.....go for the most expensive plan as it will cover almost everything that the original warranty covers. If you go with a cheaper plan....all of a sudden certain items are not covered, and they are often the items that will fail. Pressure hoses come to mind.

We often spend a whole lot of time wrangling with the aftermarket plans trying to get stuff covered. They will often not cover items that are "on their way out".....they want to only cover items that have actually "failed". Ie: power steering pump is a bit noisy....they won't repair it until it actually fails.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I bought it. It is also a selling point if you sell because it can be transferred.

Reply to
Tj