GM Protection Plan

I recently got a flyer in the mail about the GM Protection Plan for my

2004 Tahoe. It states that 3 years additional "warranty" coverage is $1500. But wait, this "warranty" starts on the date you buy it and is added to your current mileage! Since my car is only 1.5 years old, that means it's really only 1.5 years of additonal coverage for $1500!

How is this a good deal? Why not start the coverage when the manufacturer's warranty ends???

Adam

Reply to
Adam Leinss

Adam Leinss wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@toughguy.net:

well, if all you stated is true i think its a great plan for GM to offer and anyone, other than me, to purchase!...just think?? more profit!!...i like to see profit for GM!!...most of us stock holders do........if it were another product i wouldnt buy the warranty myself tho..................

Reply to
KjunRaven

Sucks.

Reply to
<HLS

Sadly Adam, it is indeed true. And of course there's a mileage kicker as well. If you don't drive your vehicle alot, you really lose on their Protection Plan.

Reply to
Cool Jet

Don't buy it, then. I buy every couple years and always turn down all the "extras". They are nothing but "cash cows" for the company...but no one forces you to buy them.

Jane

Reply to
Jane

Jane, you're preaching to the converted. The only time I have ever purchased an extended warranty on anything was my first LCD computer monitor, because I didn't have a feel for the longevity of the product or technology yet. And I wouldn't do it again.

Reply to
Cool Jet

Smart man. I don't purchase them, either. Companies make all kinds of money on them.

Reply to
Jane

They must think they have a lot of stupid customers. If I got that offer I'd be insulted enough to dump my GM car to prove to them I'm not that stupid.

Reply to
Spam Hater

Reply to
Hairy