It sounds like a freakin airplane

I have a 2003 pontiac grand am gt. A while back I hit a pot hole and it dented the the outside of the rim. I was moving from NJ to Indiana and after moving I took it to the shop because of a vibration. I had sears rebalance and align the car and they said the rims were fine. Anyways, the vibration is still there. Today I get into the car to pick up some front brake pads because they needed replaced. The car all of a suddenly is so loud it sounds like an airplane or race car. The noise is coming from the front end and it makes the noise whenever the car is in motion but the vibration seemed to have gone away or is a lot less noticable. At first I thought maybe the caliper was dragging or rubbing but it looked fine when I changed the pads. I put the car in neutral when rolling down an incline to see if it still made the noise and it did but it was not as audible of course I had thought it may of even been coming from the trans. Anyways, where should I start looking or what should I do. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks

Reply to
topurdue

Move the tire to another spot on the car. Tires can be really loud, and you might be surprised at what they sound like. That's the first thing to eliminate.

Reply to
Joe