my 1990 sunbird se won't start

Actually it is my granddaughters car and her boyfriend has been working on this car for about a week--will not start. He has put in a new starter timed it out with the number one cycledar and still it will not start. He says that he has checked everything that he can think of to get the car started and it rolls really hard and won't catch. Any ideas will be greatly apperciated.

Reply to
insane_repairer
1990 Sunbird SE Overhead Cam 2.0l it has a new battery new cables,the cap and wires are in good condition, all grounds are clean and properly put back in order, the firing order is in proper line, as far as we can tell the fuses are all good. New starter installed but rolls over hard. Good spark at the number one plug. Good gas supply where needed and dry where should be. Any help or suggestion.(Already thought about filling car full of explosive-granddaughter not coo with idea)
Reply to
insane_repairer

What exactly is this statement supposed to mean "He has put in a new starter timed it out with the number one cycledar and still it will not start". What would the starter have to do with the timing of cylinder number one? I'm no car expert but I think the starter just turns the engine and doesn't care where cylinder 1 is. Is it possible he screwed up the timing?

Reply to
Randy

Buy your GD's boyfriend a cold beer and tell him thanks for his time and effort then think about taking it to the graveyard. 15 years is a long time for a Sunbird.

Reply to
Doug

What is volts battery putting out? Should be around 12 1/2 is there enough power to turn over the car? New starter or rebuild? Could still be starter? How is the oil level?

Reply to
tj