keyless remote problem

i have a 94 pontiac with one of those small centurys that only have a trunk release,unlock and lock door features,problem is even after changing the battery in it, it still doesn't work,after not working for some time does it have to be re-programmed to work ?? if so ,does anyone know how without me having to take it to a dealer to do it?? bob

Reply to
robert -wanda fox

Programming the fob is documented in the owners manual. It varies from Car to car.

Reply to
Les Benn

Which Pontiac model? Is it the original remote entry fob?

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
robert -wanda fox

One thing to try is holding the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons at the same time for a few seconds, and see if that helps. I have to do that when I replace the batteries on my fob's.

Reply to
80 Knight

"robert -wanda fox" wrote in news:C5Vai.2921$Ar5.2437@trndny01:

try this link....doesnt seem to go back that far but maybe some use............

Kjun