keyless remote

I have a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix. When we bought the car it only had one remote that doesn't work very well. I have 2 remotes from a 2000 Chevy Impala we use to have. Is it possible to program these remote to work on the Grand Prix. I tried taking out mall pgm fuse and doing all of that but I never got any chimes when I held the lock and unlock buttons down. Any help I would appreciate

Reply to
Doug

Joseph A. Zupko

yep i bought one off ebay $10 new works great also check the gm part# on the back of the remotes from the chevy to see if there the same

Reply to
slicker

why didn't you pass the remotes on with the Impala?

Reply to
I'm Right

They're also now being sold by the retailer, AutoZone.

-jwardl

slicker wrote:

Reply to
jwardl