Re: Conserve Energy

I agree with those who said that boycotting will NEVER work and it will not

> influence the price of gas, not even one cent. We should instead conserve > more gas. We can live closer to work, walk to work, use public > transportation, buy a smaller vehicle, drive slower, ride a bike, ... etc. > If you can afford to drive your SUV 20 miles to work every day, you have > nothing to worry about. However, those of us who can't afford to do so are > probably wishing you weren't hogging all the gas, so to speak. > Therefore, get a place closer to work and start thinking about what you > are going to do when gas hits $10 a gallon. I'm sure you want be driving 20 > miles to work then, it would make no sense. We need to wake up and get > ready for the future of even higher energy costs and do whatever we can now > to be ready.

I figured this out 5 years ago and got an apt across the street from work, a grocery store, a walmart a barbershop and the post office. I don't care if gas goes to $50 a gallon, I currently buy gas about 4 times a year, and could even cut that down. The longest trips I took last month were about 16 miles to go renew my car registration and renew my drivers license.

This is with a grand am that still gets over 30 mpg on the highway, around

32 last thanksgiving when I visited my sister's house 200 miles away.
Reply to
john graesser