89 928 dash lights only light up with headlights off

Hi , I just got a car in the other day with a strange problem. It's a 1989

928 and the dash lights only come on with the key on and head lights off. I figured that before I tear the thing apart I would see if anyone else out there had ever heard of such a thing. snipped-for-privacy@kc.rr.com
Reply to
Steve Cousins

Try

FREE web advertisement promotional period. You can upload up to 6 pictures. Ads can run up to 1 year! They specialize in collectible, classic and exotic cars and motorcycles.

Reply to
Peter

wow, that was real helpful, you straightened out his problem with your SPAM 1, 2, 3!

I've heard the 89 928s have the most "bugs" when it comes to electrical issues. I had a 88 928S4 that fortunatly didnt suffer from this but it sounds like it might be a relay or some other electronic module might need replacing.

check out the 928 board on rennlist.com, you'll find a much more helpful audience there

Reply to
Sam Hain