Dippy news flood (was: Re: Porsches are EVIL, the DEVIL created them in HELL ! ! !)

What's happening is that some dippy is flooding newsgroups with garbage posts with their "followup-to" field set to news.admin.net-abuse.email in an attempt to flood out news.admin.net-abuse.email. NANAE itself recieves about 100 times more garbage posts than the average ng does.

NANAE "members" (it is an informal group) are actively involved in combatting spam using the following methods:

  1. Some run public block lists which are used by mail server admins to block spamming hosts.
  2. By tracking down spamming hosts and encouraging the network admins to unplug the server/client doing the spamming.
  3. By tracking down spam support sites such as: websites hosting the spammed material and DNS services used to resolv the names of these domains as well as contacting the domain registrar to have the domain suspended.
  4. By keeping up to date with the latest anti-spam resources and spamming organizations.

Of course, what we do is not viewed favourably by spammers so they do what they can to shut us down. This includes flooding NANAE as well as contacting our ISPs with false accusations in a rather lame attempt to shut off our service.

Now you know what is go>

> This message was not send by me but by some asshole using my name. > > ethnopac schrieb: >
Reply to
alt