Back to Porsches

I am a very recent convert to Porsche. I just bought an '02 996TT that has

18k miles on it. I picked it up last Friday and am still grinning.

Anyway, while tooling around today I happened upon a 1986 Targa for sale. The body and removable top are in good shape -- no dents, no rust and the paint is actually fairly decent. It starts and runs ok (a little rough, but it had not run for a while) and although I didn't drive it, I did move forward and in reverse and the clutch, etc. felt fine. The interior is a little rough but nothing that new carpets and maybe new seats wouldn't fix.

The seller is asking $9,900 for it. I don't know the mileage. It *is* currently registered and has a current inspection sticker (MA).

I don't know how to value or price older Porsche models and know absolutely nothing about the "Targa" model. Does the price seem reasonable? I realize a lot more information is required to accurately determine it's value, but I am just wondering if it's in the ball park for a fun restoration project.

TIA for opinions,

Eisboch

Reply to
Eisboch