Q:oil temp 964 engine

hi, i have changed my 911sc engine to the 964 engine, but the oil temperatur goes to about 115C° on hot days (more than half of the tempe gauge in the car).

thank you wolfgang polleres

Reply to
Wolfgang Polleres

The 964 has a two speed fan on the oil cooler in front of the passanger side front wheel. It comes on low speed at 212F(100C) and high speed at

239F(115C). On my old 964 when the fan wasn't working it would regularly get to that temp, and beyond when stuck in traffic on a hot day. The 964 also has the movable spoiler which deploys at 40mph to funnel air into the engine compartment.

Many companys make after market cooling options for the SC, try Pelican Parts, Performance Products, or any or Porsche parts place.

RaLF

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

RaLF