Would new clutch discs be covered by warranty ?

Hi, got a 911 that will be 3 years old later this year.. car's got

30.000KM on it. I gotta change the clutch discs... Would it be covered by official warranty or not ?

If not I won't bother to bring the car to the offical dealer.. as it's far away from where I live...

Kam Oe

Generally....clutches are not covered by the manufacturer's warranty...unless they have identified a specific defect in a range of production VIN's. However, you can always call a dealer and ask if they have any technical bulletins or "hidden warranties" covering your car. If not, you're pretty much on your own getting it repaired. 24-25,000 miles is a very short life for a Porsche clutch, so it's either had a hard life or there may have been a defect from the beginning.

Good luck...

Reply to
Weekend Guru

Already got it changed at a lokal "workshop".. did not bother about the Porshce dealer.. Cost me about 1000 euro with work and oilshift so it was not so bad as I feared.

I'll collect the car today and talk to the mecanics about the cause of this... Never had to change clutch discs on any of my previous cars.. can hardly belive it's caused by my "hard" driving... That's what the car is made for...

Kam Oe