Damp Start

I have a rover 400i 1999 Registration. Recently it will not start in damp weather. I changed the distributor cap but it has made no difference. Any suggestions?

Sam

Reply to
Samuel Appiah

|| I have a rover 400i 1999 Registration. Recently it will not start in || damp weather. I changed the distributor cap but it has made no || difference. Any suggestions? || || Sam

After 5 yrs replace Ignition leads, rotor arm, if there is any resistance at all between coil and plugs the spark will take the easiest route to earth, if you open the bonnet and try and start it at night you will usually see the sparks tracking to earth! can be quite a floor show!

Des

Reply to
Des

Coil did the same on our 220 coupe changed the coil and away she goes

Reply to
AJ