1999 Firebird will not start!!!

Ok, This may sound silly to some but i am having a real problem!! Here goes, bought the car less than 1 month ago for my son. He has a new stereo system installed 7/25 on 7/28 stops for gas and car will not restart. Problem is I think it is the VATS system telling the car not to start. We "jumped" the starter/sylinoid and it started up and ran for about 5 seconds. But it will not start with the key. I have read countless articles on this same problem but no real solutions. We have also had 1998 firebird that did the same thing after stereo was installed. Each time we have paid to have stereo professionally installed. Also on the 1999 the installer said that he disconnected alarm system because fuse was bad and we did not have clicker to activate. On the 1998 took to a dealer and they charged $400 for a new ignition. I do not have the funds or the want too to keep replacing these things, is there any way to remove it completely? I would appreciate any information. Thanks in advance, Hanna

Reply to
firechick

Shep

Reply to