9-5 Remote Control problem

Dear Group,

I have a 1998 Saab 9-5 and over the last couple of months I have had an intermittent problem with my remote control. Occasionally the car would not respond when I used the remote so I changed the battery even though there was no warning message on the console (I did receive this message a few years ago and changed the battery - so I know the check works!)

I still had the problem so I began using my second remote but the problem still occurs.

In the last day or two, the remote works once every 20 or so times.

Any suggestions?

If this requires a trip to dealer, any idea of cost?

Regards,

Ian.

Reply to
Worleytogo

If this always happens in the same location then it could be radio interference, this has happened to me.

Try moving the car and see if it still happens

Reply to
Gabriel Shaw

Gabriel,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, this happens wherever I am. For the last couple of days, the remote does not work at all.

Ian.

Gabriel Shaw wrote:

Reply to
Worleytogo