Auto Trans. Late Shifting

Greetings,

Recently, I noticed a late in shifting the gear. The problem is more severe especially from the 3rd to the 4th gear where it sometimes just releases the 3rd and doesn't shift to the 4th until I release the acceleration. The problem is more prominent when I drive with higher acceleration than with normal driving.

The mileage is 166000 km ~ 100k mi

I am currently in Saudi Arabia and they want to charge me a lot for the repair. Do you think a complete transmission replacement is necessary?

If anybody has any idea about this problem I highly appreciate it.

Best Regards,

M. S.

Reply to
98' SAAB 9000 CS

Never have a 9k automatic. All four I owned are 5 speed. Still have three. But the only automatic I have in our household, the 93 Volvo

940 used to have this same symptom. Asjusting the kick down cable solved the late shifting problem. I hope it is similar.
Reply to
yaofeng