Transmission shifting late and hard

I have a 1988 Firebird with a 2.8 litre engine. The seals were leaking and so I brought it in for repairs. When I got it back, it was shifting really late and then hard. What could cause this? It was running OK when I brought it in.

Could some damage have been done by driving with low fluid? I'm pretty sure it wasn't low but I'm trying to figure out what to say to the dealership.

Reply to
Tim

Actually, they did a lot more than that and I am going to mention it just in case it has an impact. They also changed the tubing that takes the transmisson fluid to and from the radiator, or wherever it goes.

Reply to
Tim

Reply to
Shep

I am just concerned that they will say that it is my fault. That the transmission was damaged before it got there. The service advisor already said what they did should not cause that type of problem so I want to have some possibilities to give them. The mechanic will look at it tomorrow.

Shep wrote:

Reply to
Tim

So I got my car back. They had to adjust some cable.

The story I got was the mechanic working on it has a Camaro of similar vintage (I think I saw it). Anyway, he likes his shifting later so he decided to set mine up that way without mentioning it. I'm not sure if this is true but that's the story I got.

Reply to
Tim