Brake rotors/pads for 2001 9-5 Aero?

I see Brembo, EBC, Zimmerman, some cross drilled. Citycross, Akebono, EBC Hawk. These are on autopartswarehouse.com.

Then there's saabpartsdirect.com OEM discs, Pagit, Textar, Danblock, PBR (I've used those on my 900Turbos).

Then there is drivewire.com.

I drive mostly highway and don't brake a lot. I downshift on mountain downhill runs.

Suggestions, comments, your experience welcome. I've bought a lot of stuff from saabpartsdirect and have been happy, but they are recommending the OEM at $128 each (US) and that is what my local SAAB shop charges!

Charles

Reply to
Charles

PBR Ultimate Ceramic Pads, Zimmerman undrilled rotors.

Reply to
Fred W

I recently bought Centric rotors and Posiquiet ceramic pads from Brakeco.com. I thought they were knowledgeable and helpful. Total with shipping across country was $240. The pads are very quiet and smooth, with no dust at all. Can't yet speak to their durability.

Reply to
roscoeboy

..

Thanks Fred. I ordered those today.

Charles

Reply to
Charles

As luck woul;d have it Charles, I made a quick check of the btrake pads on my son's '98 900S, and wouldn't you know it... they are down to about

3mm on the front. The brakes have been pulsing (lightly) for the past 10k miles or so, so I jumped in line right behind you and ordered up a set of the same brakes myself from eEuroparts.com. ;-)
Reply to
Fred W