2001 9-5, front rotors question

I was quoted $200 for a pair of OEM front brake rotors at a Saab dealership but I found much cheaper options on the eBay. Any experience with aftermarket rotors: Zimmerman, Brembo, etc.? What are the better brands? Any advice on pads? Where to shop online?

Your advice is mostly appreciated.

Konstantin.

Reply to
Konstantin

Supposedly Brembo rotors are ok. I hope so since I just put a pair on my c900 :).

Where to shop online depends on which continent you are on. If you're in North America, check out eeuroparts.com.

John

Reply to
John B

Try the Green Stuff ceramic pads. Improved stopping distances, no fade, and no dusting.

BL

Reply to
BL

eeuroparts.com is a source that many people here use and are happy with. The front rotors on that car are a very easy job if you're at all comfortable with basic hand tools. Any brand they sell will be very good.

If you need a procedure, one has probably been posted here, or someone could come up with one. It's literally a 15-minute job for the first side, 10 minutes for the other side.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thanks for all of your comments. Replaced both rotors today - really easy job, it took 30 minutes. Pulsation on the brake pedal is gone and to my surprise, left pull is gone too (car was pulling left before).

Cheers, Konstantin

Reply to
Konstantin