Help me out: only high beam on 1 headlight?

What Saab?

Reply to
MH

Strange.... Someone flashed me that only one headlight was working. So the next morning I changed the bulb for a new one, but still no headlight. Strangely, when I turned on the high beam it was working! But on normal (dimmed) beam, there's no light. I checked the 3 pin connector with a volt meter and I had a readout of 11,4 volts (or something). So.... Does anyone have an idea what I can do next? I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Reply to
BasMan

Model, year etc ?

I'm already thinking about the red 'lamp control unit' though. Certainly 9000s have this. It sufferes from fatigue to the internal solder joints. Easily fixed if you have a soldering iron. If relevant to your problem I can give you instructions to fix it.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I'm assuming your car doesn't have a light failure warning system with the infamous, duff sensor, or it would have warned you rather than someone else having to flash you.

Most likely problem is a blown bulb.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Even when he says he changed the bulb?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

That's funny. I'm sure that wasn't in there when I read it last night! It must have something to do with the Stella...

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

LOL.

Had a similar problem once. The old bulbs worked but were a bit browned out. Knowing the problem with early C900 reflectors, bought 80/100 H4s Passenger side fine, dowivers side would dip to a pale glow. Checked it was seated, checked the wiring, made sure there wasn't any corosion. Nothing. Swapped it to the passenger side it was fine. In the end, went and bought a 3rd bulb from a different source and no worries since.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar