wipers only work on high

we got our first snow fall yesterday and our 2004 saturn ion wipers stopped working right and only work on high, nothing on indeterminate and it's hard to get them turned off from high now. any ideas?

Reply to
jnick

Bosco

Most likely your speed controlling resistors are gone, or there might be a thermal fuse right next to them to make sure it blows when the resistors get too hot. This is usually caused by too much load on the resistors, ie. wiper motor going bad, wiper arm bushings rusted (been there), etc.

Reply to
navaidstech

Yeah, but the key is in what he's saying ... "now it's hard to turn the wipers from high to off"... bet the control switch has broken down inside ...

Reply to
Mike Surwill