New car :)

Got myself a 1988/89 9000i, 330000 km on the clock, that is 210000+ miles for you yanks. The car has to replace the top engine mount, which the dealer agreed to do if I bought the parts. The dealer supplied and fitted a new generator. The engine still runs beatifully, with a nice growl when I push it (and I will be pushing more with the new mount in place), the interior seems like the car has run somewhere around 50000 km, and the whole car has just as much of a solid feel to it as almost any new car.

I got powered windows, mirrors and steel sunroof, heated seats, mirrors and rear window, cruise control, the small driving computer (DCU1) with voltage and gas mileage, RDS cassetteradio (will be replaced with cd-player), 4 speakers, 5-speed manual transmission, a 2,0 liter fuel injected 16 valve

130hp/177nm engine, and so on. The only things missing are leather seats, which I can gladly do without on icy winterdays and hot summerdays, aircondition, which would have been expensive to maintain and probably malfunctioning by now, and ABS, which anyway prohibits efficient braking ;) Oh, and a turbo would be nice, but I'm an unemployed student, so occasionally I have to spend money on things like... food.

This of course being Norway and me being stupid enough to shop from a dealer, the car cost an arm and a leg, but I live far away from everything, and i don't have a lot to choose from. Anyway, I don't think I could find a better car for the sum I paid in my region.

Anyone wanna challenge my mileage, of which I have so far contributed the whole of 100km?

Pictures at

Kristian

Reply to
Kristian Steve Jensen

It's not just yanks who work in miles you know ;-)

Nice looking car.

Reply to
Grunff

Who else is left bu we former colonials?

malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

Us Brits of course!

Reply to
Grunff

In article , snipped-for-privacy@stud.hitos.no spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

That looks one very nice tidy car. Very well done.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Looks very nice car. I don't know about car taxes in Norway, but the high new car taxes in Denmark make people maintain their cars well, so depreciation is much less than e.g. the UK. In the UK this car would barely be worth anything due to its age. Oh yes, there is a trade of secondhand cars from Germany to Denmark so look out for high mileage autobahners.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

"Johannes H Andersen" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@sizefitter.com...

Taxes in Norway are slightly lower than in DK, there is between 20-50000 to be saved on a new car if bought in DK and then register it in NO.

Kristian

Reply to
Kristian Steve Jensen

Thought that you had done the metric thing years ago. Was anything changed. I am originally Canadian and thought that we (Canada) had followed in Brittania's wake.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

In article , snipped-for-privacy@jhu.edu spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

Officially everything liquid is measured in litres apart from beer and milk which is still in pints. Fuel is measured in litres. Weights have to be displayed in Kilos and grammes, but most places still display imperial pounds and ounces too. I find buy in pre-packed goods I use the imperial measurement, but making anything, I weigh food in grammes and kilos.

Road sign distances and Speed per hour signs, plus speedos are still displayed in Miles. Speedos have the Kilometer measurement on the inside of the speedo ring in smaller numbers. On cars with digital instruments the odometer can often be switched from Miles to Kilometers for europe and UK spec cars.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:23:29 +0200, skreiv "Kristian Steve Jensen" :

Congratulations from me again... ;) High (and low) milage SAAB can you find here:

If you look in the botton of the list you find me and my 900 T16...:) For pictures, see here:
click on "MinSAAB" (My SAAB), then it is the black one.

Reply to
Trond-Arve Hjelle