Not so new new car?

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

I ordered from the dealer a 9-3 Aero - Combi - Maxed out. It's a nice car and I got what I think was a great deal from the dealer. To get it, they had to swap with another dealer.

Today, at the last minute, the salesman called and said that there is one catch - the car has 200 mi on it. I assume it was driven by a salesman.

I'm just curious what I should ask for to be taken off for that? I was thinking it's hard to put a dollar figure on, so maybe it would be better to ask for the bike and or ski racks?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

Reply to
Josh Kalish

The last new car I bought had 100 mi on it. 200 mi isn't really that unusual. A salesman driving it might be one explanation, but just as likely a few customers drove it sedately through a test circuit with a salesman by their side. 25 to 50 miles could have been added during dealer prep, and they most likely drove it on the road to get it from the dealer they swapped with who could have been many miles away considering the scarcity of Saab dealers in certain areas. Don't assume that would pay the added cost of flatbed towing a new car.

If you got a good deal, I wouldn't bother haggling any more on price. One thing you should specify is that the mileage part of the warranty starts at

200 so that with a 50,000 mi warranty, your warranty ends at 50,200 mi. Since your first oil change is coming up shortly, make them include that also. I assume they will provide a tankfull of gas as part of the deal too.

I hope my ideas are helpful; good luck and happy driving with your new Saab.

Walt Kienzle

1991 9000T
Reply to
Walt Kienzle

Thanks for the input.

Doesn't Saab (or GM) include the first 3 years of scheduled maintenance anyways?

Thanks,

Josh

Reply to
joshkalish

Yes, sorry I missed that when I checked the website. It's been a while since I owned a new Saab and I didn't know if they were still doing that.

Reply to
Walt Kienzle

Yes they do

Reply to