I ordered a new Mustang today :-)

GT Premium, Windveil Blue with Light Graphite interior.

Early January delivery (damned holidays!).

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

Ya But You only get to look at yours, He is gonna drive his... :-0

Reply to
351CJ

I ordered 2.... one for each foot....

and it wasn't a knock... I should be so lucky I will ever aga>Ya But You only get to look at yours, He is gonna drive his... :-0 >

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

I didn't take it as a knock... I only replied because I didn't think most readers would realize your were referring to ordering a model... :-)

Reply to
351CJ

Oh, I'm a patient man. I *did* forget about the holidays and Ford being a union shop and all, though.

Odd, just last week I had the urge to go buy a car model kit and put it together. Haven't done one of those in 20 years. I might pick up the 05 Mustang model and try to make it as close to my real one as I can.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

How much? Dealers here in CA want $5000.00 over MSRP

Reply to
Kenneth Bousquet

Ordered mine last monday and was told that the ETA is sometime before Christmas (if I'm lucky). GT Deluxe w/5-speed manual, Torch Red, Dark Charcoal Cloth, Painted Wheels, & the Shaker 1000.

Reply to
TnT

No price gouging here in TN as far as I can tell. Existing GTs on the lots I visited weren't marked up and I was quoted MSRP when I ordered from the hometown dealer.

On another note, I don't understand why alot of these dealers pre-ordered fully loaded GTs with automatics :( Every GT I looked at fit the criteria except for the slushbox..

Reply to
TnT

Don Kott Ford in Carson, CA. It's exactly half way between my home and work.

MSRP exactly. Did the initial dealing via email.

I got everything except the Shaker 1000. The 500 was sufficient for me.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

I'm baffled at their color choices. I thought torch red and windveil blue were sort of *the* colors for this year. Seeing a lot of black ones and (shudder) white ones. Couple silvers.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Entering into the unknown, V'ger seeks information used to maintain his Vintage Burgundy 1965 Ford Mustang 2+2 w/289 ci 4v oem A Code V8, C4 Trans,

16x8" Vintage 40 wheels, with BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR16 tires, American Racing "Mustang" Centercaps, and a whole lot of other stuff; )
Reply to
V'ger

I test drove one with a shaker 500. I agree, unless you want to be heard a few blocks away, the 500 is PLENTY of sound.

Reply to
p51d007

Mind if I ask where you are in TN?

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Clarksville.

pre-ordered

Reply to
TnT

I took the last train to there.

Boy, that never gets old......probably the first time you heard that one eh?

Huddla huddla

Reply to
The Billy

I'm about 30 miles east of Jackson TN.. Henderson county.

was just kind of curious :)

Kate

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Hehe :) Our city's Economic Development Council actually adopted that song for a short period of time in a major campaign to attract tourists. How original, huh?

Didn't work, of course. In fact, it was quite an embarrassment...

Reply to
TnT

I'm a few counties away in Montgomery. Been in the Jackson area on occasion, got lost every time :)

Any good Mustang clubs down that way? Only one I know of is the Music City Mustang Club in Nashville.

Mike

Reply to
TnT

There is one, but I have yet to meet up with them.

I don't know how GOOD it is though. When I met an old feller that was handing out fliers or something at a Drive-In featuring some of the rattiest looking classics (all kinds) I have ever seen he told me about a cruise in they were having in Jackson. He then looked at my car and said they would let "any ol car" join in that one. I had to explain that mine is "not just ANY ol car" that by simply being MY car, she was special. He kinda gave me "that look"

I didn't go to his cruise-in. Though I kept the number just in case, and will prolly go sooner or later. How about you, any good things going on up there? Did you go to the big show in Nashville?

Jackson is easy to get lost in, it's like scrambled eggs. Though getting to our place is just as bad. We are out in the boonies. I like it that way though.

Kate

| > was just kind of curious :) | >

| > Kate | >

| |