Saab anti-freeze

I just got a used 9000. I notice the manual says to only use genuine Saab anti-freeze. I pretty much always figure this kind of statement is just a way for the manufacturer to hook you on their overpriced products.

True in this case, or do I need Saab anti-freeze?

TIA

Reply to
Jack McCullough

Well, I've never used Saab antifreeze, and never had any corrosion problems on any of my Saabs. Just use a good quality branded antifreeze at 40-50%.

Reply to
Grunff

if it is BLUE, it is Saab coolant in it. This is G48. I would replace it with this or G05 which is available at most parts houses (Zerex in a bronze bottle labeled G05 for Daimler Chrysler/Ford). Regular green coolant is not good enough for these engines. It leads to head gasket deterioration and possible failure.

KeithG

Jack McCullough wrote:

Reply to
KeithG