saab 9000 heater matrix

hi i have a saab 9000 cse 2.3t anniversary. ever since buying i have had a whiff of antifreeze from the haeater matrix. the other day after a long journey i stopped for 30 minutes, when i returned i had a bit of misting on the passenger side windscreen up through the demist vents. my question is: is it a hard job to replace the heater matrix ? or would anyone recommend putting radweld in to cure the problem. my brother reckons radweld could cause problems with the water cooled turbo. suggestions appreciated andy

Reply to
andypandy

andypandy ("andypandy" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I would never recommend putting radweld in anything other than as a "bodge it through for a few months until it's scrapped" short-term solution. Horrible stuff, and just masks problems until they _really_ can't be avoided. Usually, because you're stuck at the roadside after a truly knackered hose has finally totally died.

Reply to
Adrian

You need to replace the heater matrix. It wil take you anywhere between one to three hours to do. Search the web for several SAAB forums for instructions.

Reply to
yaofeng