TiD Question

Ive had a 115 bhp TiD for about a month. It has done about 69000 miles and has a full saab service history.

Now that I am getting used to driving a diesel it feels reasonably nippy around town.

When I get on the motorway and need to accelerate up to speed with my foot right down, it seems to accelerate slower than on the town roads (this might just be my perception of it).

At speeds of above 60mph in 5th gear the acceleration seems to be really slow, no extra power to overtake etc. in fact it seems to accelerate faster using the cruise controll.

Is this normal? or just something that I have to accept.

I have read a bit on this forum about the MAF sensor. Might this be a problem?

I am gratful for any feedback.

Reply to
sadders

Simply because you are in a higher gear accelleration will be slower. I sometimes have the same feeling, which immediately disappears when I floor it in 5th and notice I outaccellerate most other cars with ease.

Try timing your car. 50mph to 75mph should take around 9 seconds in 4th and

12 seconds in 5th. If it's significantly slower there may be something wrong.

Could very well be. Powerloss is a sign of a failing sensor.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Gerritsma