Vent next to 9-5 rear window & sidenote on DI casettes

Looking at a 9-5 today (for UK 2005 market, if it matters), I noticed a vent running along the base of the rear window and wondered what it does. Would this be to stop misting?

BTW, when I asked informally at the parts dept about the current reliability of 9-5 DI casettes, I was told a new part number had been issued, which apparently usually indicates a redesign. Is it possible "they" are trying to improve the DI breed?

-- Andrew Stephenson

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

"Andrew Stephenson" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@deltrak.demon.co.uk...

Correct.... :o)

Was introduced on the 9000. With fans inside the rear doors.

Jep....

Cheers!

Reply to
Henrik B.

This is a pleasant surprise. For years now, I have wondered why car makers did not add just this feature, possibly combined with some way to warm/cool the boot (for when it contains temperature- sensitive luggage).

The 9-5's boot seems nicely insulated, suggesting one could carry stuff in there with the "cat flap" (ski hole) open, directing the rear A/C vents to blow air through the hole.

Here's hoping. ;-) (The parts dept people confirmed what has been said in this NG a few times: to replace the DI cassette, all you need is the right Torx screwdriver, a little time, patience to leave things to settle after fitting -- and the new cassette.)

Thanks for the feedback.

-- Andrew Stephenson

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson