1994 SC2

Hi, i have just installed a Remote Start system in my 94 Saturn SC2, i am sure the wiring is correct, I and several ppl have checked it over and we all agree it is right. The alarm system and door locks work great, the only problem i am having is when i hit the button to start the car the start cranks, but the car does not start. Also i cannot start the car using only the key. Now the car does start if i get in turn the key to ON and then hit the button on the remote to start. The system did not come with any relays, therefore i did not install any, is that the problem? The system is a ScyTek

400RS Series. Thank you for the help!
Reply to
Tom

Look at the key:

See if there is a PK2 stamped on the key. If there is, you'll need a security system bypass module.

Reply to
Refinish King

Reply to
Tom1 via CarKB.com

Then you have the wiring installed wrong:

You have to energize the ignition module, the ECM the fuel pump, and the injectors for it to start.

You'll need a good wiring diagram, which tech support for most alarm manufacturers have. (Including remote starter manufacturers)

Reply to
Refinish King

I had a remote starter installed on my 94 SC2 about 3 years ago. It works great! I also had one installed on my Mustang. That one was like yours and had problems right away. I took it back and they got it right in a few minutes. Must be your wiring is wrong. Fred

Reply to
Fred