Could it all be related?

I have a 2000 Saturn L series, and lately it seems like it is having one problem after another. Perhaps they are all related, but I am at a loss. First, the tail light went out. I replaced the entire kit, only to have the break portion go out again within six months. The Cd player works, occasionally. sometimes it acts rather wonky, wont read a cd, then 5 minutes later it will. sometimes the stereo lights dont work at all, sometimes they do. The AC stopped blowing cold air, I believe the clutch on the unit went out. Not entirely sure. The heater works, not the cold. Various fuses have blown at different times. They have all been replaced and work now. The drivers window switch went out. I put it down and it wouldnt go back up. I checked the motor in the door and it works. was able to put power to it to get the window up, so it is the actual switch that went out. The cigarette lighter shorted out once and its fuse blew. it has since been replaced and is working fine. all of this has taken place over the last year. I have no other weird electrical problems, the car runs fine, idles fine, starts fine, The alternator charges the battery fine, no issues there... Could this all be related? if so what could it be?

Reply to
shadenkat

Did you buy the car new? In any case I would look for flood damage. Check for dirt in corners that would be hard to clean like under the dashboard edge.

Reply to
Art

I agree. Also look for rust on metal brackets and such under the dash. Many years ago a 1967 Dodge Dart my Father owned was flooded. After drying out, car was fine for a few months, then began suffering weird elecrical problems, one after another. I check every used car I ever look at for rust under the dash, which the Dart had after the flood.

-David

Reply to
David Teichholtz