engine removal

i have a 94 saturn the engine is locked up and i wanna replace it.. does anyone know if i have to remove it from the top or underneath like some late model cars?.. i havent removed a motor from anything newer than 81..so i really dont know.. i know on late model camaros you have to remove the motor underneath the car.

Reply to
txchevy

You do not give the model so it will be difficult for anyone to give you a definitive answer. That said, I'd check the Factory Service Manual for the vehicle, but would bet that it is removed from the top side assuming a standard size engine compartment.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I'm assuming that you have an S-Series.

I've removed several motors from the top, and one from the bottom. Top is probably the best way to go for the typical driveway mechanic, and a leveler will make the job even easier. Here's a pic from my site:

A tip - label the wiring as you remove it from each engine sensor.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane