Which engine do I have?

I am starting to shop for a used Focus, probably 2003/2004. Is there a way to tell by VIN no or somethings else which engine a car has? I know some are the lower HP but lower emisions

thanks jt

Reply to
jt

You didn't say what marketplace you were interested in, but

might help in your search.

Happy modeming, Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

If you are talking about North America, both the SPI and Zetec engines meet all emission specs. The difference is modest differences in power and fuel consumption. Open the hood, the engine cover will say very plainly what engine it has.

Reply to
Dave Gower

I'm in New York so Calaifornia emisions and loss of 6 HP. I'd rather buy a used cacr in Conneecticut anyway as less mad New York city Urban driving

Reply to
jt