lower control arm question

Hope someone can tell me what the best lubricant/grease should be used on the threads and the ball joint area that connects to the knuckle?

Is using never-seize recommended for the lower control cradle bolt that goes through the bushing on the frame end?

Is a pickle fork usually not needed for removing the lower control arm?

Thanks - CB

Reply to
user

A pickle fork may damage the boot, and I've never found one to be necessary. I usually just whack the bottom of the knuckle with a hammer where the ball joint of the lower control arm goes through, and it comes loose pretty easily. If it needs help, use a long prybar or 2 x 4 over the LCA, and under the cradle to get leverage to pull the LCA downward.

A little bit of anti-seize would be a good idea to make it easier to get everything apart next time.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]

Reply to
Lane

Thanks for the info... Will start tomorrow, actually today, and if the bolt at the connecting end( to the frame) comes out easily, then I'll be in good shape, I hope. CB

Lane wrote:

Reply to
user