Thanks to the Group! - problem solved

My '96 SL has about 120K on it, and has been running good. I am cheap, and haven't spent much on this car. I do my own oil changes, and have never taken the car to the dealer for service except for stuff I couldn't figure out myself, the A/C had a $400 problem (fan) a couple of years ago, and the fuel injectors were replaced about 6 months ago.

Anyways, the car started buzzing behind the glove box some time ago, and I thought maybe it was something coming loose under the dash. The vibration got slowly worse, so I didn't really notice how bad it really was. I read in this group about the top engine mount going bad and causing vibration, and I noticed the rubber block was cracked, so I went to my friendly dealer and gave $92 for a new style mount that required slightly different studs. It only took about 10 minutes to change it out. Now the thing purrs like a Lexus! Thanks, group!

Larry

Larry Grapentine IPMS #40310 Peoria, Arizona, USA snipped-for-privacy@cox.net visit the IPMS Craig Hewitt Chapter web site at

Larry

That's not problem solved, purring like a lexus is a miracle!

:-P

later,

tom @

The Real Tom

Ok, maybe not really like a Lexus, but it seems so quiet after all the racket it was making!

Larry Grapentine Peoria, Arizona,

Reply to
Larry