Water Pump

Can you believe that the water pump on my 92 SC started leaking! Lame! I mean what kind of crap is Saturn turning out! I mean that lame thing only lasted 13 years. AND the then I discover a small leak on the end cap of the radiator! What kind of crappy car is that? Lame!

So anyway, I had to have the water pump, radiator, and thermostat replaced. I swear that set me back $500 bucks! Lame!

Man, I think I'll go out and buy a $26000 SUV that gets 12 miles a gallon and make 60 payments of 400 a month so I won't have to pay 200 to 500 in repairs once in a while on my crappy SC!

OK, the story is true, except for getting a SUV, but didn't I sound like some of the whiners that post on this group when some chunk of metal/plastic on their car does not last forever!

LOL

145K and 13 years for a water pump and radiator, not bad!
Reply to
Mikus

You actually _paid_ someone to do the job? You could have done it yourself for the price of the parts (about $190) and perhaps two hours' time.

I would have done it for you for the cost of the parts plus a case of Coke. Of course, you would have had to bring the car to San Antonio...

I replaced my radiator two years ago (at about 150K miles) and the water pump earlier this year (about 180K miles).

:)

Reply to
William Hughes

I know, but I hate working on cars... Now if you want me to build or upgrade a computer that is another matter. Still a couple of hundred in labor ain't that bad compared to a car payment each month.

Reply to
Mikus