Breaking Into Your Own Car

I locked all my keys in my 4 door Lark. I was prepping it for painting and have all the door handles off except for the drivers side front door. Is there any way to unlock the doors by going thru the handle opening or some other way. All the windows are up and tight. Thanks Paul V

Reply to
Paul Villforth

On my son's Honda, a road service guy used some padded levers and wedges to open a small gap at the back top corner of the door to get a tool inside to flip the lock - kind of a variation on the old coat-hanger method. The door was still straight when he was done.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Call OnStar. They can open it for you over the phone .. Jeff (I heard it on the radio) Rice

"Paul Villforth" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I'd have to look to be sure, but I think you can take a long thin-nosed pair of needlenose pliers and reach through the hole in the door where the rod from the pushbutton goes. You should be able to get a grip on the wire/rod that runs from the lock button (on the inside) to the lock. Lift up and unlock the door. You might also be able to stick a hooked piece of wire down beside the glass parallel to the wire from the button. Try to snag the lever that the lock wire goes in to and pull up to unlock.. Sometimes local police will come out and open a car using a "slim jim" (to snag the lock lever). Or, if you belong to one, call your auto club and have them come unlock it. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Look at the inside end of the handle while ulocking and locking the mechanism. Make a tool with that same shape and action and reach in with that tool.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
Paul Villforth

The door operating lever is hidden under the door panel and is not accessible. The inner door panels are still on the doors

Reply to
Paul Villforth

Any chance of jimmying one of the vent windows and going in that way? Probably would need a flat piece of thin steel, creatively bent, and if your vent windows are really tight it may not work... but it's worth a try...

nate

Reply to
N8N

In theory one shouldn't be able to lock the keys in a Lark. I once tried the standard lock-out procedures on mine just to see how hard it might be to get into one. I would recommend opening a wing window instead. There is another procedure that will work great on some doors using a strip of plastic box strapping tape pushed in around the door rubber to snag the lock button. (I just tried it on my '63; it was easiest on a back door).

Reply to
Dwain G.

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
Paul Villforth

That's just wrong.. makes you wonder what's the point of locking anything? Tennis balls, 'bumper keys'.....

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

If you lock the front doors and then set the lock on the rear door and close it - it is locked up Tried everything - lockbuttons are too tight to pull up with coat hanger wire. I thought maybe with the outside door handles off there might be a way in through there but I guess not - will have to get a locksmith to come out

Reply to
Paul Villforth

Thank you for all the suggestions

Reply to
Paul Villforth

Reply to
Paul Villforth

Have no idea what you are talking about. Inner door panels are on the doors.

Reply to
Paul Villforth

Reply to
Paul Villforth

Tried that on my GM - doesn't work as described - maybe it will work on an import but not on my US made car.

Reply to
Paul Villforth

I like this comment best: " Thats the easy part. How do you start the car? Fart in the ignition?"

I've heard that there's questions as to this actully working, someone suggested that the video was faked and someone pressed the remote at the same time she pushed on the ball.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I saw another one that tells you how you how to get a coke machine to dump it's change by hitting some selection keys on the front in a certain order.

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos