OT- great pix of sinking the USS Oriskany

My dad made a training cruise on her during the Korean War. He said the video brought back some memories.

Reply to
zoombot

My brother served on her during the VietNam war and we even go ta tour of the ship (while she was in port in the SF area back in the late

60's) on Family Day. I don't remember a lot about her but I've toured the USS Lexington which is permanently docked in Corpus Shristi, Texas and it wears you out, just climbing up/down all those friggin stairways and stepping over all the hatches as you walk from compartment to compartment. Pretty cool on the deck though...they have over a dozen different type aircraft on display, I think one for each type that ever landed/took off while she was active.

I'll save the link for that "Big O" sinking footage and email it to my brother.

Bob

Reply to
Bigbob62