Pet Food Recall (DOGS) (ot)

Recalled Dog Product Information Recall Information 1-866-895-2708 1.. Americas Choice, Preferred Pets 2.. Authority 3.. Award 4.. Best Choice 5.. Big Bet 6.. Big Red 7.. Bloom 8.. Cadillac 9.. Companion 10.. Demoulas Market Basket 11.. Eukanuba 12.. Food Lion 13.. Giant Companion 14.. Great Choice 15.. Hannaford 16.. Hill Country Fare 17.. Hy-Vee 18.. Iams 19.. Laura Lynn 20.. Loving Meals 21.. Meijers Main Choice 22.. Mighty Dog Pouch 23.. Mixables 24.. Nutriplan 25.. Nutro Max 26.. Nutro Natural Choice 27.. Nutro Ultra 28.. Nutro 29.. Ol'Roy Canada 30.. Ol'Roy US 31.. Paws 32.. Pet Essentials 33.. Pet Pride - Good n Meaty 34.. Presidents Choice 35.. Price Chopper 36.. Priority Canada 37.. Priority US 38.. Publix 39.. Roche Brothers 40.. Save-A-Lot Choice Morsels 41.. Schnucks 42.. Shep Dog 43.. Springsfield Prize 44.. Sprout 45.. Stater Brothers 46.. Stop & Shop Companion 47.. Tops Companion 48.. Wegmans Bruiser 49.. Weis Total Pet 50.. Western Family US 51.. White Rose 52.. Winn Dixie 53.. Your Pet

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Word on the net is that the pet food was contaminated by aminopterin, a rat poison not licensed for use in the US and is also a cancer treatment.

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Transtar60

And it looks more and more like the aminopterin might be from the "wheat gluten" (ie, gravy-maker) newly sourced from China. Of course, when I first heard of the gluten being the problem, I wondered where all those Celiac dogs and cats had come from. Since I heard that the product can be used as a rat poison, much like Warfarin--which can be a rat poison, or a human theraputic medicine in much smaller doses.

Jim Bartley on PEI--"they can't all be Irish Wolfhounds"

Reply to
George Mills

I'm sure glad Murphy eats Kibbles and Bits mixed with Alpo canned.

From the sound of it Menu Foods is doing everything they can and I've no doubt that a lot of the people there feel absolutely terrible about this (and not because of business reasons).

If it turns out someone did this deliberately he should be fed his own rat poison and dissected to examine the effects while he is still alive.

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt