Toyota Attempts Recall Information Site Shutdown

Toyota Motor Sales has sent threatening letters attempting to legally bully this site into shutting down.

Toyota Motor Sales have asked us to remove their logo from this site, and in good faith, we have complied.

Yet they continue to pursue the closure of our associated Facebook, Myspace, Google, Yahoo, Posterous and other accounts. They have managed to close two of them.

Toyota's idea of 'cooperating' seems to be a one-way street .

And as far as the Toyota logo goes, it will be replaced by a photograph of the front of my trucks hood. We will be happy to entertain lawsuits claiming we cannot photograph our own personal property and post it on the internet.

For some 'strange', this website's focus will be moving to a more negative, complaint discussion based forum. It has been a 'sudden' revelation, that concerned Toyota owners visiting our site will naturally read the recall info, and then want to bitch about it.

Now they have a place.

Toyota

I read the one posted letter from Toyota that I could quickly find at your site and I have to agree with Toyota. Seems to me that using copyrighted material or trademarked material without expressed written consent by the rights holder is a violation of US law.

Reply to
Paul

besides the removed images, what material would that be exactly and specifically? seems toyota just wants to shut down any opposition , naturally...

Reply to
Toyota

In message , Toyota writes

Your laws must be very different to ours. Over here statements are treated as slander,(spoken) or libel, (in print) and once courts are brought into the frame all discussion stops until after the case, it's sub judice.

Reply to
Clive

Toyota wrote in news:7041e5d2-315e-4338-a572- snipped-for-privacy@k19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com:

Fixed your url so people can get *real* information.

I'd be PO'd too if someone was posting with *my* company and last name who wasn't me. I hope you have deep pockets, you'll need them.

Reply to
fred

Depends on how much of a l00se cannon you are.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B