Rare-Color Packard Hawk/e-bay

Yep, per the text, " ...most of the superchargers were so prone to trouble they were removed, like on this car."

Eh? When did you last see a nice, operable Packard Hawk withOUT the supercharger? ('can't remember...)

bobcaripalma

John Poulos

This is a rather rare color combination but is the original colors. Only four cars were painted this combination and I only know of this car and one other this color which have survived. I know of very few Packard Hawks that are running and do not have the supercharger. Looks like a nice car! But would need all the supercharger parts. MikeW

Mike Williams

Would that be the one owned (or once owned) by Richard Jukich from Kallispell, Montana. His was also that same Parchment/Surf Green combination.

Craig.

Craig Parslow

And pulleys (:-) What would you guess it would cost for everything to put it back to stock with a rebuilt blower?

Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
John Poulos

Nice car. I don't need no steenking supercharger. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8

That is the other one. LS1282. MikeW

Mike Williams

It appears to also be missing the aircleaner and they are not that easy to find. MikeW

Mike Williams

Last time I saw that car was in 1984 or 5. He was at our Zone Meet that year, and used to atteneded the Mini-meet each June in Kallispell with it. Richard nearly lost the round chrome piece that encirles the gold hawk emblem on the front while coming home from our meet. At the time, Highway #2 came to a dead stop where it met up with #3. There were rumble strips to alert people of the sudden stop, and the ring wasn't fastened down properly. He was lucky enough to see it jump out of its mounting holes and fall off, but was able to retrieve it before another car ran over it.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8