02' WRX - strange steering problem

Just noticed this morning a strange steering wheel behaviour on my '02 WRX. Don't know if this has to do with the weather conditions (7 days of constant rain so far) as I drive car on daily basis. I started car and began to turn wheel to get out of the parking space. Wheel started to shudder as I turned further and when lock position was reached a hissing noise came from the hood (sounds like a belt noise). When wheel was just slightly released, hissing noise would stop but shudder was still present. This happened to both directions. During the actual drive nothing was noticed. Seems like it occurs only close and within the lock position. At the destination, I tried this again and it didn't reoccur. Any clues what could that be? Never noticed something similar before.

Thanks...

Reply to
Black WRX

Do you have enough power steering fluid?

Reply to
peter

Yes, I already checked that. No leakage noticed. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to hit the service.

Reply to
Black WRX

Check your belt/belt tension; possible that the abundant moisture is causing slippage. If this _were_ the problem, it would tend to get better as the engine compartment/belt warmed to operating temperature.

ByeBye! S.

Hi Steve,

You were perfectly right about the problem. Today I got drive belts replaced and this problem is g> Hi BlackWRX!

Reply to
Black WRX