2002 Forester leak additive recall

IIRC Subaru had an addendum for the warranty book after the leak additive was added to the cooling system. I have a stub in the book that says to remove the covering over the sticky stuff and add a page to the manual. It seems that the instructions are all I have of the revised notice. Can anyone point me to the actual verbage of the notice? Did it extend the warranty to parts of the engine ie like the heads (cylinder sleeves?), one of which, after 95k miles is starting to leak oil.

Thanks

-- Harv

Reply to
gotbent

Is this what you are asking about?

John McGaw

Thank you for the link. Nothing about oil leaks and I bought the car in 2001 so I'm past the eight year limit. Looks like I'll combine a timing belt/water pump with a head job. Most of cost is labor, so it looks like I'll keep a close watch on the oil level for for a few months or a year.

Reply to
gotbent