2005 Legacy GT - Bought in November and Luvin it

Ok, so I've only put 2000 miles on this baby since November (I work too much). But in my defense, I ride a motorcycle - Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500 (with custom exhaust, air kit, PowerCommander). That'll put a smile on your face.

Subarus rock - good value for the $$. High fun factor driving this car.

-djm

Reply to
GTE NEWS

Congratulations! It's so good to hear someone finally say something positive about their experience with their Legacy. Most just gripe and complain. I have a 91' and I'm still lovin' it!

November (I work too

Mean Streak 1500

put a smile on your

driving this car.

Reply to
Diana Black

What does the GT specification mean?

I got a 2000 Legacy L wagon a couple of months ago. It's stripped down with steel wheels and virtually no toys, but yeah, it drives well. Probably not nearly as well as your GT. But the handling allows me to do some insane turns, even with the steel wheels and nothing-special tires.

Reply to
Tom Reingold

Does that imply that aluminum alloy wheel are better than steel wheel?

Reply to
amanda992004

High fun factor in Legacy GT is what is making me rethink to get it instead of a Camry (2.4L 4cyl.).

Reply to
amanda992004

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1116451403.658083.20820 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

In general yes as alloy wheels tend to be lighter and stronger than steel wheels which has various benefits:

Fuzzy Logic

Yes, besides being heavier, steel wheels can flex in a hard turn. But I really wonder if most drivers can even feel the difference. I have never read a side-by-side comparison, and I remain doubtful. I believe the biggest difference is aesthetic.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Reingold