Legacy GT wagon

Hi,

I've seen Legacy GT wagons on roads (around San Francisco bay area) several times recently. The cars I saw looked brand new. But that's a mystery: no Legacy wagons are sold in US - but only Outbacks. Is there an explanation of this?

Boris

Reply to
boris

Who told you that?

Reply to
VanguardLH

Not true, that generation were offered in base model L, LS, GT and Outback. Somewhere came along the LL Bean but all were available as sedans or wagons

Reply to
John

"boris" wrote in news:4a4da947$0$1585$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

I believe that Subaru stopped the sale of the Legacy wagon in the US in

2008. We can still get a limited selection of Legacy wagons here in Canada.
Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

That explains it. Probably, brand new Legacy GT wagons I saw had been bought in Canada.

Boris

Reply to
boris

On 4 =D0=B8=D1=8E=D0=BB, 01:27, Fuzzy Logic wrot= e:

Sadly, yes. I also noticed LGT is only available with the leather trim which I have to mention (again) is not usable in hot climates (Caulifornia, etc). You just have to sear your ass once in a hot leather seat in summer to never want leather, leatherette or any similar real or fake leather upholstery anywhere near your car seats. I'm not even sure leather belongs on office chairs in an air conditioned office. I expect the fabric of the seating surface to do its part to such the perspiration away. The only bonus of leather that I can see if that you are far less likely to be greeted with the static shock after exiting the car.

Please do enlighten me what other use there is for leather???

Reply to
Body Roll

news:4a4da947$0$1585$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

I've been lurking here three or four months, since I decided that it was time to replace my 2002 Legacy wagon. One of the first things that I read was what you mention.

Was any reason given for the discontinuation of the Legacy wagon in the US? It was a fine car, and I was looking forward to buying a third one. Does Subaru figure that they can make a better margin by forcing everybody to buy the fancy trim package on the Outback?

Reply to
Michael Stemper

snipped-for-privacy@walkabout.empros.com (Michael Stemper) wrote in news:h37u1j$1en$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Fuzzy Logic