2016 Legacy followup

Reporting in: I've had my new Legacy some 7 weeks, and I sure do love the heated leather seats. :-) It's good for my sore sacrum.

I checked the oil level yesterday for the first time, and it hasn't lost any. The gas mileage seems to be around 30 for my typical driving of mostly

2-lane country roads. The first tank's worth gave me 27 and I was disappointed. Either the engine needed some time to break in, or the dealer didn't fill the tank all the way. No matter, so far, so good.

Now I'm waiting for snow....

Reply to
Howard Lester

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Legacy. You've still got time before that engine is broken in enough to reach optimal gas mileage.

We have both a '14 Forester and a '15 Outback. We picked up our Forester on December 31st, 2013. We haven't quite had it for two years and it's approaching 42,000 trouble-free miles. We sold our convertible VW Eos to get the Forester. My wife loved having that convertible. Well, soon after picking up the Forester, we had a bad winter - lots of snow. She was happy with the decision we made. The Forester gave her a level of confidence driving in snow that she never had.

Reply to
PAS

"PAS" wrote

Thanks for the confirmation, and that's why I bought my first Subaru. I'll still drive slow, but I expect to feel more confident. I really have no idea what it'll be like. My car now has 1,600 miles on it, which included a single 340 mile round trip on the Thruway. So far, so good, except for that damned buzzing coming from the rear shoulder belt housing. It's too much of a nuisance to take it 30 miles to the dealer and spend time waiting around there. I'll wait until the 6,000 mile oil change next March, and turn up the radio in the meantime.

Reply to
Howard Lester