ABS light

Hi All,

New to group, hope you can help? Replaced E20 engine in Legacy GT. All now running great but ABS light is permanently on. Quoted £64 from dealer to just diagnose. Is there any way of resetting ABS system to see if light clears? Fuse box details in Japanese so I couldn't try fuse removal but did try battery removal with no success.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Lenny

Reply to
Lenny Kitching

check to see that the ABS pump has voltage and all connections are secure.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Possibly broken wire to tone ring sensor?

I dunno

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Checked voltage to be there at pump.

Now checking connections throughout system. Anybody have a wiring diagram of ABS system for 1996 Legacy GT to help with my checks?

Thanks

Reply to
Lenny Kitching

Don't forget to check the sensor at each wheel. I have seen/heard where the sensor "wheel" has been broken when rotating tires.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

All 'wheels' look intact. I'm now almost totally convinced that the problem is a faulty sensor! However, how I test for the culprit is a mystery. Guess I'll buy replacements for both front and rear and try them on all wheels.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Lenny Kitching

If no more help here, ask over at