Best spark plugs for `01 OBW.

Hey all,

I asked the dealership the other day what the best spark plug was to use for my 90k servicing. I told them I had saw the Bosch Platinum 4+ which had 4 grounding terminals to create better spark. I was told that was a bad decision because it puts too much strain on the alternator and electrical system causing burnouts on electrical components due to stressing them out. He recommended the NGK brand.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Reply to
Bradley Walker

well, the reason given is BS (IMHO) - but NGK iridium is probablt the 'best'. many folks just go with NGK copper and change them per schedule.

I dunno

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Use the stock plugs. They've worked fine up to now, haven't they?

Reply to
Ragnar

I was wondering though, if others like the Bosch Platinum +4 would give any minor performance boost though? Especially in hilly mountainous terrain around here or in the cold winters?

Reply to
Bradley Walker

Some folks have has minor issues with the +4 Bosch plugs in Subarus. I use the standard NGK copper or NGK-V coppers to great success.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Thanks, I'll return the Bosch plugs and get NGK ones.

Reply to
Bradley Walker

Has you car performed poorly in either the hills or winters? If not, why change? If yes, it may not be spark plugs you need.

Reply to
Ragnar

I just purchased it last January, and the winter was mild enough that I really didn't get a chance to test it. I figure while I am doing 90k service, I'll get good plugs to put in there... that is so I thought the Bosch 4+ ones were good.

Reply to
Bradley Walker

Hi,

Personal experience: nothing Bosch makes or markets comes close to NGK.

More personal experience: nothing anyone else makes or markets comes close to NGK.

Am I sounding repetitive yet?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

I've seen numerous posts over on NASIOC, for WRXs and STI's, where guys suddenly encountered odd idling, misfires, etc immediately after installing Bosches. Returning to NGKs eliminated the misbehaviors just as quickly. Never seen any explanation, just those reports

Reply to
CompUser