ABS Light

I had to put the spare tire on my 99 OB this morning...after borrowing a wrench because there isn't on in the car...and after about 50 miles the ABS light came on. The light was off after reaching my meeting and letting it sit for a couple hours. --got the tire fixed before coming home...

Was that light possibly on because the spare is a different size?

John O

Reply to
John O

Most likely. Um, IF you have the auto tranny - did you use the FWD fuse under the hood?

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

John O wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

What do you mean by, "use the fuse"?

(yes, it's auto)

-John O

Reply to
John O

Reply to
spider

I just did that, and after reading the entire section on using the jack, tightening the lugnuts, and not going over 50 mph with the spare...on the next (last) page is the deal with the fuse. By the time I got to this part, I was pretty convinced this fuse thing wasn't there. Being someone who writes (and reads) user manuals for a living, if this fuse is Very Important that fact is not conveyed in the manual. Maybe a sticker on the tire itself would be appropriate.

BTW, I did read the manual when I got the car. If I were writing the manual, there would be a section right up front called "What's Unique about an AWD Subaru" and stuff like the 2WD link and towing would go there.

Anyway, thatnks for letting me know guys. If I disable AWD do I get better gas mileage??

-John O

Reply to
John O