Binding after long drive: Legacy 5MT

95 Legacy, 5MT, owned one year.

I did a lot of hwy driving this Easter weekend and noticed that after hours of driving, trying to pull into a parking space outside a Tim Horton's was "difficult"; that is to say, I couldn't just coast into the spot, I had to give it some gas to get it around the tight corner and I could hear one of the tires trying to spin.

I know that the VCD locks up by heating up and wonder if it is normal for it to be locked (hot) after hours of driving at 120km/h? Or is something wrong?

The four tires were put on new last summer, and hence should be the same diameter.

Incidentally, on the trip down the inner CV boot on the front passenger side split - yeeech! Luckily the Oakville (Budds) dealership was able to come to the rescue!

-- Dominic Richens | snipped-for-privacy@alumni.uottawa.ca "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Reply to
Dominic Richens